- There are over 3,000 mosquito species worldwide.
- Over 150 mosquito species inhabit the US.
- Wisconsin is home to at least 56 mosquito species.
- A relatively small number of species transmit dangerous disease.
- Only adult female mosquitoes bite.
- A female mosquito needs one blood meal for every batch of eggs she produces.
- Mosquitoes feed on nectar, plant juices and decaying plant material.
- All mosquitoes have 4 distinct life stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
- Mosquito eggs require standing water to hatch into successful larvae.
- Mosquito eggs can survive up to seven years before hatching.
- With a 100% survival rate, a single mosquito could be responsible for over one billion mosquito descendants in less than a month.
WEST NILE VIRUS
First found in Uganda in 1937, WNV has spread globally. Its flu-like symptoms include fever, headache, and body aches. More serious symptoms include disorientation, muscle weakness, neck stiffness and more. Eighty percent of West Nile cases will never display any symptoms.
This parasitic roundworm infects dogs and other animals. The heartworm larva is transmitted through the bite of a mosquito and proceeds through a variety of life stages. The heartworm takes residence in the host’s heart where it grows to impressive lengths. It is of the greatest concern in canines where it most frequently leads to serious repercussions.
Among the most serious condition linked to mosquitoes, encephalitis is the inflammation of the brain. It starts as a virus that usually resolves itself, but in the cases that it worsens, it can invade the central nervous system and cause encephalitis. Eastern Equine encephalitis (EEE) is the most common encephalitis and can affect humans and horses.
Eradicated in the US in the 1940s, malaria continues to kill millions in Africa each year. Malaria is both preventable and treatable. To help fight the spread of malaria, Mosquito Squad is a proud supporter of Malaria No More, a nonprofit working to make sure every family in Africa has timely access to the tools they need to prevent, diagnose and treat malaria.
Spread through the bite of an infected mosquito, the Zika virus is an emerging virus garnering much media-attention. Symptoms of the virus include fever, skin rash and conjunctivitis, and typically last less than a week. A connection between Zika in pregnant women and birth defects is currently being investigated.
Mosquito Squad offers regular barrier protection sprays to repel mosquitoes and other outdoor pests. Within 30 minutes after application, your property is safe for use and protected from mosquitoes and other pests for up to 21 days. We offer a variety of packages to suit your needs and we back each treatment with our no hassle, money back guarantee.
Mosquito Squad offers an all-natural solution as an alternative for mosquito control. Our all-natural treatment eliminates pests on contact and then continues as a repellent for up to 14 days. Our all-natural mosquito treatment is applied to the areas of your property that mosquitoes are known to harbor and feed. It is made up of essential oils and has a slight botanical fragrance that dissipates within a few hours of application.
HURRY! ALERT THE SQUAD
Contact us today for a free estimate!